Different astronomical events have attracted the world over the years. So today, let us understand the surya grahan and associated details in this section. We’ll try to know about the main dos and don’ts during the solar eclipse.
About Surya Grahan
The solar eclipse also called surya grahan is a phenomenon related to the movement of the sun, the earth, and the moon. It is called Grahan as the rays of the sun are blocked by the moon and the result is a shadow of the moon on the earth’s surface around the center of the moon.
It holds significance from both astronomical and astrological points of view. Astronomers consider solar eclipse as a special time to understand the sun, the earth, and the moon. The astrology experts share different do’s and don’ts for the same period and its effects on the different star signs.
Surya Grahan- What does astronomy say?
According to NASA, an eclipse occurs when the sun, the earth, and the moon line up partially or fully. In a solar eclipse, the moon comes between the sun and the earth. Hence, the shadow of the moon blocks the rays from the sun partially or fully depending upon its position.
Solar eclipses are occasional as the orbit of the moon is different from the orbit of the sun and the Earth. The different kinds of solar eclipses are:
- Total solar eclipse
It occurs when the moon completely covers the face of the sun. The parts of the earth located at the center of the moon experience a total solar eclipse. It is the only kind of surya grahan where viewers can remove their eclipse glasses until the moon is covering the sun.
- Annual solar eclipse
It is the type of solar eclipse in which the moon passes the Earth and the sun when it is at or near its farthest point on the Earth. In this, the moon appears as a dark disk on the top of a large and bright disk looking like a ring around the moon.
- Partial solar eclipse
In the partial solar eclipse, the moon passes through the sun and the earth but all these three are not perfectly lined up. Hence, people outside the area covered by the moon’s inner shadow area experience a partial solar eclipse.
- Hybrid solar eclipse
The eclipse occurring between annular and total eclipse comes under the hybrid solar eclipse.
What to do during Surya Grahan- What Astrology Says?
Many people get confused when it comes to what is allowed during a solar eclipse and what is not. Let us have a quick look at the top do’s during Surya Grahan:
- It is an important time to gain Siddhi. So, you can go for any mantra and do meditation during this time. You can chant Surya mantras during the Grahan time.
- It is easy to seek blessings from God by reading holy scriptures like Ramcharitmanas, Bhagavad Gita, and Aditya Hridya Stotram.
- You can keep Tulsi patra in every food item during the eclipse.
- It is important to maintain celibacy during this time.
- It is essential to stay awake during the Grahan period.
- It is recommended to take a bath before or after the surya grahan only.
What not to do during Surya Grahan- What Astrology Says?
Below are the key points to consider when it comes to prohibitions on different activities during the Surya Grahan:
- People suffering from health issues and pregnant ladies are advised not to watch the Surya Grahan.
- People having the Grahan affecting their star sign are prevented from watching it directly.
- It is restricted to entering temples or performing puja during the Grahan time.
- All auspicious activities like mundan, housewarming, marriage, and engagement are prohibited during this time.
- It is advised not to cut hair, nails, or shave during this time.
- It is recommended not to drink or eat anything during Grahan’s time.
When is the next Surya Grahan?
Are you interested in knowing the Surya Grahan 2023 in India date and time?
The year 2023 had two solar eclipses as follows:
- A total solar eclipse occurred on 20th April and was visible in South/East Asia, the Pacific, Australia, Antarctica, and the Indian Ocean.
- An annular solar eclipse occurred on 14th October and was visible in West Africa, North America, South America, the Pacific, the Atlantic, and the Arctic.
Many search for Surya grahan kab lagega? The next year, i.e. 2024, is set to experience two solar eclipses as follows:
- A total solar eclipse will be occurring on 8th April and will be visible in Western Europe, North America, North South America, the Pacific, the Atlantic, and the Arctic.
- An annular solar eclipse will be occurring on 2nd October and will be visible in South North America, many areas of South America, the Pacific, Atlantic, and Antarctica.
Hence, it is easy to understand about Surya Grahan.
It is a celestial event involving the sun being blocked by the moon. There were two solar eclipses in the year 2023. It is important to take care of the do’s and don’ts during this event according to the different mythologies and sayings.
Also, Read More About – Bobgametech.Com Paytm Credit Card