The ODI cricket world cup 2023 has piqued the interest of many cricket enthusiasts. The fans and the experts are debating among themselves about which top 3 opening pairs from the world of cricket will be the potential threats for the bowlers of the opponent teams. These openers are also celebrated and selected in ODI World Cup Betting platforms.
In this blog, we will take a look at the top 3 opening pairs for 2023 World Cup.
Top Opening Pairs to Watch Out for in ODI World Cup 2023
These top 3 opening pairs of the world will take the game of cricket to another level and they are as follows.
1. Rohit Sharma and Shubman Gill
The opening partnership of Rohit Sharma and Shubman Gill for the men in blue always tops our list. Since they started opening in all two formats of the game of cricket i.e. test and that of one day international.
- They have successfully stitched up more than four century stand partnerships and five half century stands partnership within themselves.
- Further, it is Shubman Gill who believes that his partnership with Rohit Sharma will play a key role for team India going forward in this year’s ODI world cup.
- Their partnership is off to a flier and it will act as a key factor iif India ever hopes to win the world cup 2023 in their home soil.
- They have added more than 1048 runs as an opening pair within themselves.
- Their opening stand has an average of 87.3 from the last 13 innings or so.
- In the recently concluded Asia cup 2023, they have already registered two consecutive century runs standing among themselves especially for the opening wicket. One was against Nepal for 147 runs and that of 121 runs against India.
2.Fakhar Zaman and Imam-Ul-Haque
The opening pair of Fakhar Zaman and Imam-Ul-Haque rank second in our list. In recent years the men in green has found stability and balance within their squad due to the presence of a strong opening partnership in the form of Fakhar Zaman and that of Imam-Ul-Haque.
- These two left-handed batsmen have formed an unbreakable partnership within themselves. It has helped Pakistan to win many matches and break many records.
- In other words, they have become the backbone of Pakistan’s batting line-up. Even they hold the record breaking partnership of 304 runs within themselves against the Zimbabwe cricket team.
- Fakhar and Imam have scored more than 2246 runs between themselves only from 54 international matches.
- They have seven 100 runs partnership among themselves followed by nine 50 runs stands. The strike rate of their partnership is above 89 with a staggering average of 46.
The duo have great understanding and chemistry between themselves when it comes to opening for their national side. Going into this year’s ODI CWC 2023 they will appear to be a threat for the opposition bowlers.
3. Liton Kumar Das and Tamim Iqbal
The opening pair of Liton Kumar Das and Tamim Iqbal from Bangladesh rank third in our list.
- The opening partnership of these two batsmen will play a crucial role for Bangladesh especially in their batting department.
- Previously the duo had already stitched an opening run stand of 292 between themselves against Zimbabwe in the year 2020.
- In more than 42 international matches they have opened together for Bangladesh. Together they have put up 1600 runs opening partnership within themselves.
- Whereas, the average of their opening partnership is around 40 per match. They have already put up 5 century runs standing for the opening wicket alongside 3 half century run stands.
Concluding Thoughts on Top 3 Opening Pairs to Watch Out for in ODI WC 2023
It can be said that these 3 opening pairs from Pakistan, Bangladesh and India will not only take the game of cricket to the next stage but will appear to be a potential threat for the oppositions.